A Beginner’s Guide to VineAuthor: Jamie | Filed under: Social Media
I’m a little behind the launch (just a little) with this article, but I know there are still many people out there who haven’t heard of Vine.
In this article I’ll provide some more information on Twitter’s new foray into online video.
What is Vine?
At the time of writing, Vine is an Apple Only app that lets users embed short videos into their tweets on Twitter.
Like Twitter, there is a limit on the content. Vine allows for videos of up to six seconds.
The plan is to roll this out further so it’s accessible to everyone in the future.
How could Vine benefit my business?
A lot of big companies have already become early adopters of Vine. In terms of a typical small business, there is huge potential.
Here’s a list of some ideas I had:
- Generating interest in a new product or service.
- Thanking customers/suppliers.
- Introducing yourself and your business.
- Asking customers to record testimonials you can share.
- Asking your followers a relevant question.
- To encourage more people to visit your website.
- To tell people why they should use you over your competitors.
- To announce you’re hiring new staff.
- To showcase your creativity.
Not another way to promote your business?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the different social media channels and are groaning at the thought of using another one – don’t despair.
Like any social media new kid on the block, you should at least give Vine a try and see how well it works (or doesn’t work) for your business.
The benefits of using Vine
Vine certainly brings something new to online business promotion and social media:
- A great new way to engage with people quickly and easily.
- A hassle-free way to record and upload videos to Twitter.
- It doesn’t take much time to record a video as they’re so short in length.
- Opens up a whole host of new and imaginative ways to connect with your target market on Twitter.
What do you think? Have you used Vine yet or seen any of these short videos on Twitter? Please leave your comments below.